[CSS_ACM_General_List] Hot seat programming?

Nick Anderson mtgathering2000 at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 24 01:13:44 CST 2010

I've been thinking on this idea I had for a while now. What if a few people got together and worked on a single program in an unusual way: They work on the whole thing, as much as they can in a short time period. They would decide on a project, perhaps an ideal timeline, then one person would start with an hour of work or some such before passing on to the next guy. That guy does his hour then passes it on to the next and so on. "Hot seat" programming as it were.

This isn't the most efficient method, no doubt, since only one person is working at any given time, but I think it would be fun and would definitely be a learning experience of some sort, if only to demonstrate why NOT to do it in the worst case.

Thoughts? Volunteers?

- Nick Anderson