Newedge Group - Web Developer, Java Developer and Network
Technician - ENTRY LEVEL positions
ICALIWLI at depaul.edu
Tue Jun 15 18:21:17 CDT 2010
Come to the JUST-IN-TIME Career Fair, June 22nd, 10-2pm, Lincoln Park Student Center, and meet this exciting firm seeking to fill these entry level positions immediately!
For a full-listing of all companies attending the JUST-IN-TIME Career Fair please visit:
Newedge, a 50/50 joint venture between Société Générale and Calyon, is a major force in global multi-asset brokerage business, with a world-leading position in the execution and clearing of listed derivative products. With a presence in 25 locations in 17 countries, Newedge offers a full range of clearing and execution services covering options and futures contracts for financial products and commodities, as well as for money market instruments, bonds, FX, equities, and commodities on OTC markets.
Newedge provides a range of value added services, including prime brokerage, asset financing, an electronic platform for trading and order routing, cross margining, and the centralized reporting of client portfolios. Newedge, which primarily serves institutional clients, provides access to more than 85 exchanges. Newedge's 3000+ employees form a close-knit, multinational team that can innovatively respond to its clients in fast-moving markets.
GUI Web Developer, Sales IT
The primary role of the position is to design and develop the front end presentation layer for one or more business functions of Newedge. The requirement is for a developer with a very strong flair for UI design.
• Lead the development team in application UI design principals
• Develop Front End solutions in accordance with business requirements
• Use of Front End centric J2EE and .NET technologies to create maintainable Web front ends, page layouts and storyboards in accordance with corporate communication design specifications
• Experience of working with complex layouts to accommodate different browser incompatibilities.
• Good knowledge of Front End Web programming principles and design patterns
• Thorough understanding of modern Web standards, information architecture and human computer interactions.
• An understanding of usability and accessibility standards.
• Ability to produce highly polished Websites from the creation of Photoshop and Illustrator files.
• Solid computer science fundamentals and development skills.
• DHTML, CSS, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Flash, Flex, Action Scripting.
• JSP, Java, JSTL, JSF, Custom Tags (J2EE), ASP .NET.
• Self-managing, in a fast paced development environment.
• Effective in communicating with, and interacting with fellow team members on a technical and non-technical level.
• Compelling visual design and aesthetic sense.
• Monitors and tracks quality related issues and problems through to resolution.
• Lateral thinker.
EDUCATION:Bachelors Degree in Graphic Design, Computer Science or Software Engineering
Java Developer, Corporate IT Services
Corporate IT Services is in need of a Java Developer to support development efforts for LCFCP (Legal, Compliance & Financial Crime Prevention) space.
• Build, design, develop and deliver regulatory reports sourced from various sources
• Working as anAnalyst/Programmer and establishing strong relationships with business and technical resources throughout the project.
• Working with business resources to identify and understand business requirements.
• Issue investigation, reporting and resolution.
• Analysis of business requirements, and compliance issues.
• Design System Test Plan and involve in Functional and Integration testing.
• Active involvement in User Acceptance Test process
• Other duties or projects as assigned.
• Have good working knowledge in Java / J2EE platform based Software analysis, design, development and delivering projects
• Ability to interact with business and good understanding of various asset classes.
• Familiar with Core Java, J2EE, Oracle, Sybase ASE with Object Oriented Analysis/Design, UML and Design Patterns.
• Have good understanding of using development frameworks such as Spring and Hibernate.
• Have good understanding of using Agile, Scrum, RAD and Test driven development methodologies.
• Have good Client facing, interpersonal, communication and technical skills.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
This position will be responsible for the day to day operation of the network as well as performing network implementations at Newedge. Tasks include monitoring, configuring and maintaining network components as well as troubleshooting and resolving issues within the Infrastructure.
∙ Maintain various network devices (routers, switches, firewalls and circuits) in operation within the Newedge Local and Wide Area Network. Tasks include accessing devices to ensure proper operation as well as administering approved changes to add or modify configurations and feature sets.
∙ Monitor overall network availability using network management tools, and respond to issues and alerts generated by automated systems, as well as help desk reported incidents.
∙ Perform initial diagnostics on the network infrastructure when communications problems or incidents are reported. Diagnose Ethernet & TCP/IP based communication issues.
∙ Effectively communicate with IT counterparts and Newedge employees when performing network maintenance or troubleshooting tasks.
∙ Prepare new hardware for deployment including initial builds, installing configurations, and racking equipment.
∙ Perform hardware installation and turn-up at data-center and co-location facilities, working with fellow network team members, peer IT support teams, and external clients to verify proper operation of new equipment.
∙ Attend regular team meetings and provide feedback to fellow team members as well as IT management on job related tasks and functions.
∙ Prepare status reports, both formal and informal, covering operational and project based tasks and events.
∙ Contact external vendors to report incidents and subsequently work with providers to diagnose and resolve infrastructure problems.
∙ Communicate effectively with team members, business partners, and management regarding the Newedge network infrastructure operation.
∙ Excellent communications both written and verbal, passion for the technology and new challenges, strong analytical skills, and the ability to work effectively with clients, IT management, and other technical staff.
∙ Fundamental understanding and education on LAN technologies including Ethernet switching, trunking, VLAN configuration, spanning tree and other LAN based protocols.
∙ Fundamental understanding and education on TCP/IP based networking communications and addressing.
∙ Conceptual understanding of secured perimeter (firewalled) models, including networks for server/application hosting.
∙ An energetic attitude and desire to learn about networking technology in a fast moving, diverse financial services environment.
EDUCATION: BS Degree in Computer Science, or the equivalent in education and/or experience
CERTIFICATIONS: Cisco & Checkpoint certifications are beneficial
To apply for these positions please login to depaul.experience.com
Mel Caliwliw Johnson
Assistant Director, Career Specialist | DePaul Career Center | 1 East Jackson Blvd | Suite 9500 | Chicago, IL 60604 | 312.362.8437
More information about the CSS_ACM_General_List