[CSS_ACM_General_List] Philosophical question about software engineering: are we failingto manage complexity?

Nick Anderson mtgathering2000 at hotmail.com
Thu May 6 00:25:20 CDT 2010

I would say a user's needs are the wants we can actually meet as software providers, but that would just be me being zen. Though, that's basically what it boils down to I guess.

So, their wants are the things which are seemingly easy but that no one has provided because they're actually much more complicated. Their needs are the things that they expect from something based on previous experiences.

But that's just my "wants"/"needs" theory.

- Nick

(P.S. Hotmail selectively replies to the sender or the list so there was a lost pair of responses which are below.)