[CSS_ACM_General_List] Real-IT-y Event, Tues, May 11th, 4:45pm,
CDM 2nd floor lounge
azoko at cdm.depaul.edu
Tue May 11 00:41:38 CDT 2010
Sent from my Windows® phone.
From: Andrew Kwan <acreoaeneas at gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, May 10, 2010 6:40 PM
To: Caliwliw-Johnson, Imelda <ICALIWLI at depaul.edu>
Cc: css_acm_general_list at mailman.depaul.edu <css_acm_general_list at mailman.depaul.edu>
Subject: Re: [CSS_ACM_General_List] Real-IT-y Event, Tues, May 11th, 4:45pm, CDM 2nd floor lounge
Is the "Academic Success Lounge" the same as the Student Lounge next to the 2nd floor computer lab?
On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 6:04 PM, Caliwliw-Johnson, Imelda <ICALIWLI at depaul.edu<mailto:ICALIWLI at depaul.edu>> wrote:
Real-IT-y Event at CDM
Date: Tuesday, May 11, 2010
Time: 4:45 to 5:45pm
Place: CDM 2nd floor Academic Success Lounge
• Greg Swallow – Director Software Engineering – CME Group
• James MacLennan – Executive Director Information Technology – Pactiv
• Brian Stockton – Director, Technical Operations – TransUnion
• Karen Purze - Director – Project Management –NAVTEQ
Get your Questions answered by Chicago area IT leaders!
* What skills are critical to the IT field?
* Which skills can you develop?
* How do companies prepare employees for the rapidly evolving IT landscape?
* What can you do to prepare yourself for a future in the IT workforce?
* What are the traits of a successful IT professional?
* What knowledge gaps should you fill before entering the IT job market?
Real-IT-y is an AVVAL Initiative that is dedicated to inspire our NextGen IT workforce to talk and interact with a variety of IT professionals in an open panel discussion. These panel discussions provide real-life Information Technology career path information, while offering some insight on future IT job trends to allow the IT students the chance to add that dimension of practical "Real-IT-y" to the concepts they are learning in school.
Attend and you will hear from top executives on how to make yourself stand out from competition, how to manage your IT career, hiring trends, skills in demand and more, in an informal setting!
Mel Caliwliw Johnson
Assistant Director, Career Specialist
DePaul University Career Center
1 East Jackson Blvd, Suite 9500
CSS_ACM_General_List mailing list
CSS_ACM_General_List at mailman.depaul.edu<mailto:CSS_ACM_General_List at mailman.depaul.edu>
More information about the CSS_ACM_General_List