[CSS_ACM_General_List] Unix account

John Kristoff jtk at depaul.edu
Mon May 2 15:18:40 CDT 2011

On Mon, May 02, 2011 at 07:19:13PM +0000, Zoko, Anthony wrote:
> The UNIX servers at DePaul are being phased out.
> CDM offers linux accounts for specific classes only.
> You can try calling the TSC (312-362-8765) to see if they still give students web space on Unix boxes.

We could possibly offer some restricted, by request, time limited
unix accounts to students as part of some gear we have at the IORC
<http://iorc.depaul.edu>.  These would be heavily audited, secured,
partially isolated (e.g. VMs) and so on.   This would probably have
to for academic or research-oriented use and you'd have to justify
that and accept some sort of AUP saying as much.

I assume there is some interest in such a thing and that we'd have
support from CDM admininstration and DePaul I.S. if properly setup
and run.

John