[CSS_ACM_General_List] Unix account

Joseph Booker joe at neoturbine.net
Mon May 2 19:16:33 CDT 2011

On 05/02/2011 04:28 PM, Isaias Sifuentes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I should have been more specific with my inquiry.
>
> I'm particularly interested in the hosting of static web pages to post
> a resume, research papers, maybe fashioning some tutorials about
> programming, computer architecture, or Linux or something, just as
> something to add to my own credentials and get some exposure for.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Isaias Sifuentes

That existed at some point. Back when you could get an account on
students.depaul.edu (before the switch to microsoft providing the
email), you could ssh in with the same password as the email and have a
public_html directory.

You are better off getting hosting elsewhere, even something like Google
Sites. Even if you did figure out a way to get a students.depaul.edu
account now, they are running an apache version that's about 14 versions
out of date (and 13 versions behind the latest in Debian stable). You'll
lose out on being hosted on a .edu domain, but if you really want to be
professional-looking you should be looking at buying your own domain
anyways.

--
Joseph Booker