[CSS_ACM_General_List] Unix account

Isaias Sifuentes isaias.sifuentes at gmail.com
Tue May 3 14:49:53 CDT 2011

Thank you Joseph,

Yes, one of my main goals was to be hosted on the .edu domain because
IMHO that just looks good. I know how to host myself using my personal
internet connection (although that is probably against my ISP's [and
most others'] terms of service) but that's no dice in terms of a
(free) good looking domain name. I've set up Gentoo
Linux/Apache/MySQL/PHP before too, but that's laborious. Sorry, but
I'd rather not work with Ubuntu. I once had an interview with the
Chicago Mercantile Exchange in which I believe I did well due to what
Ubuntu would've probably never taught me (or forced me to learn).
Unless it is getting adopted more these days? I really wouldn't know.

Anywho, thanks for the information. I'll have to look into
alternatives for this as making a personal website is only a
possibility of what I had in mind in the first place.

I'm thinking of going with a WordPress with some HADES tutorials for
computer architecture. HADES simulates logic circuits and an entire
processor can be built in it, ALU, registers, memory, datapath, the
whole thing.

Sincerely,

Isaias Sifuentes