[CSS_ACM_General_List] FW: Meet-and-Greet THIS MONDAY!

Zoko, Anthony azoko at cdm.depaul.edu
Thu Apr 19 10:24:24 CDT 2012

Thanks,

Anthony Zoko
Software Development Manager/ Architect
DePaul University
College of Computing and Digital Media (CDM) http://www.cdm.depaul.edu

From: Steinbach, Terry
Sent: Thursday, April 19, 2012 10:24 AM
To: TeachingThisTermAll
Subject: Meet-and-Greet THIS MONDAY!

Would you please post / announce / distribute to your students if applicable?  Sorry for the late notice, the Fed just sent me the info.  Thanks.  Terry.

MEET-and-GREET with the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago
Monday, April 23rd
4:45 - 5:45 in Room 209

The Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago
Web Technology Solutions
Are you interested in application development?
Do you want to work with Java, .NET, Sharepoint and other leading technologies?

The Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago is looking for two current DePaul students to join our Web Technology Services team on a part-time on-going basis to help us design and develop custom solutions.  The FED offers flexible working arrangements and can accommodate students interested in 15 to 25 hours per week.  Student must be available to work during our core business hours of 9 to 5.

Web Technology Solutions designs, builds and manages the application portfolio for the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.  Our development team supports the FED's various business lines by building and maintaining products that enable our teams to work more effectively and efficiently.  WTS works with a number of best in class tools and technologies to deliver solutions to our customers.

Developers joining our team will work on the following:

  *   Design, develop and implement new complex applications on Java or Microsoft .Net platform.
  *   Evaluate, design, and implement major modifications to existing applications to accommodate changes in user requirements or hardware/software infrastructure.
  *   Provide input into strategic and tactical technical planning.  Identify application strategy to meet business needs.
  *   Work with Sr. Developers to design, develop and implement content management solutions.
  *   Consult with the team on troubleshooting/resolving highly complex and/or highly time critical problems.
  *   Ensure that the quality of software developed, maintained and enhanced in-house and installed into production is sufficient to prevent the occurrence of defects that cause the customer significant problems, missed deadlines, or interruption to the production environment.
Who we're looking for:

  *   Coursework in computer science with an emphasis on application development
  *   Basic skills and understanding of core web programming languages such as HTML, JavaScript and CSS, and XSLT.
  *   Basic skills and understanding of Java and/or .Net.  Exposure to Sharepoint is a plus.
  *   Demonstrated independent thinking and decision-making abilities
  *   Demonstrated versatility, adaptability, and commitment to continuous technical learning
Interested students should send resumes to aisha.ahmed at chi.frb.org<mailto:aisha.ahmed at chi.frb.org>