[Intstuds10] FW: [Paxfaculty] FW: Non-Violent Living Invitation

Shiera Malik smalik6 at depaul.edu
Thu Nov 10 13:09:07 CST 2011

PAX Faculty and Staff,
Please consider forwarding the following to any students you think may be
interested in this opportunity.
Sorry for the short notice!

Thank you,
Emily Ce

Hello all!

DePaul University¹s PAX Program is launching
The Nonviolent Living Project ­
Consider joining the team!

The Nonviolent Living Project (NLP) is a new program designed to introduce
DePaul students across the university to the tools of nonviolent change ­
and their power to make a difference in our lives and our world.

The principles and practices of nonviolent change are powerful ways to put
the Vincentian values of social justice, service, and dignity into action.
They can also help all of us live, work, and relate more effectively in the
world -- no matter our major, vocation, or life path.

To spread the news about the power of nonviolent change, NLP will offer
Nonviolent Living Presentations to DePaul student organizations, groups,
programs, and classes.

We invite you to become an NLP Presenter!

Beginning in winter quarter, we will create a DePaul University Nonviolent
Living Presenters Team consisting of 10-15 students.  They will be enrolled
in a special PAX 250 course designed to train students to become NLP
Presenters and taught by Dr. Ken Butigan.  In the spring, NLP presenters
will be part of an NLP Pilot Program, which will make presentations in a
select number of DePaul settings.  This will prepare the NLP Team to fully
launch the program during next year¹s 2012-2013 academic year.

Please consider attending a Nonviolent Living Project Informational Meeting
on:

Tuesday, November 15th at 4:00pm
Lincoln Park Student Center Room 324

If you are interested in this opportunity PLEASE RSVP as soon as possible to
Program Coordinator, Emily Ce Anderson at eander29 at depaul.edu
<mailto:eander29 at depaul.edu>

For more information contact: Professor, Ken Butigan at kenbutigan at gmail.com
<mailto:kenbutigan at gmail.com>