[Intstuds10] FW: [Paxfaculty] Spiritual Activism Conference: Nov. 4-6 Petaluma, California

Shiera Malik smalik6 at depaul.edu
Mon Oct 17 15:23:48 CDT 2011

Shiera S. Malik, PhD
Assistant Professor
International Studies Program
990 W. Fullerton
Chicago, IL 60614
773.325.8681

------ Forwarded Message
From: "Goldstein, Sara" <SGOLDST7 at depaul.edu>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 10:07:35 -0500
To: <paxstudents at mailman.depaul.edu>, <paxfaculty at mailman.depaul.edu>
Subject: [Paxfaculty] Spiritual Activism Conference: Nov. 4-6 Petaluma,
California

From: Metta Center for Nonviolence [mailto:mettacenter at mettacenter.org]
Sent: Friday, October 14, 2011 5:13 PM
To: Goldstein, Sara
Subject: SECRETS OF SPIRITUAL ACTIVISM: A WEEKEND COURSE

Get ready for a fabulous weekend course with the Metta Center for
Nonviolence in partnership with the Peacebuilding Certificate for the
National Peace Academy:The Secrets of Spiritual Activism:  A Toolkit for
Educators and Activists November 4-6, Petaluma, California

 Spirituality, and especially the transformative power of meditation, is the
"secret weapon" of the #Occupy revolution. In this workshop we will explore
both meditation itself and the applications of the changes it brings to
direct action. As Van Jones said at the groundbreaking 2005 Berkeley
conference on spiritual activism, "When activists get spiritual and
spiritual people get active - watch out!" This course will help activists
get spiritual and spiritual people get active. We will define spirituality,
spiritual activism, and how they can make a critical difference in our
search for peace & justice. We will look at places this has been done, for
example in movements like "engaged Buddhism" (others can be suggested by the
students, as time and inclination allows). Featured will be an introduction
to and practice in Passage Meditation. SLIDING SCALE WORKSHOP FEESIf your
income is...___ - you pay...$____ < $15,000 - US $100 * $15,001-$25,000 - US
$150 * $25,001-$35,000 - US $200$35,001-$45,000 - US $250 * $45,001-$55,000
- US $300 * > $55,000+ - US $500  FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO REGISTER CLICK
HERE <http://t.ymlp250.net/yhjaiaujjsanaeubaiauwsy/click.php>
<http://t.ymlp250.net/yhbavaujjsavaeubadauwsy/click.php> Forward this email
to a friend <http://t.ymlp250.net/yhhaxaujjsavaeubarauwsy/click.php>

Unsubscribe / Change Profile