[Intstuds10] 11.2.11 Invisible Children "Stories from the Frontline" Event at DePaul w/ Flyer

Sebastian, Matthew MSEBAST2 at depaul.edu
Fri Oct 28 10:04:14 CDT 2011

This upcoming Wednesday, November 2nd, we will be hosting Ugandan peace
advocate and pastor Peter King to speak about his perspective of the war
in northern Uganda and view Invisible Children's latest documentary
exploring the intersection of Uganda, Democratic Republic of Congo, and
US efforts to end the longest running war in Africa. We are extremely
lucky to have Peter on hand to present his story to us and discuss the
consequences of this war.

The visit is part of Invisible Children's "Stories from the Frontline"
tour which aims to present their new work in the DRC and approach an
important new phase of the conflict maintained by the Lord's Resistance
Army. Representatives from the national office will be visiting DePaul
to screen their newest documentary, "Tony". It will open up IC's work in
response to the LRA's migration into the Congo.

Watch the trailer for the film here: http://vimeo.com/16189889

Given the recent decision by President Obama to send 100 advisory troops
to assist in bringing the LRA conflict to an end, the event is extremely
timely and I encourage everyone to attend to learn more about what this
means for those affected. A lively discussion will surely follow.

The event begins at 6:00pm and free food will be served. Come grab some
food, attend a wonderful discussion and documentary screening, and then
head out for the night's activities. Please share this great opportunity
with your networks. I have attached a flyer here and will be
distributing hard copies in mailboxes in the next few days to pass
around your courses.

Wednesday, November 2nd, 2011

6:00pm-7:30pm

DePaul University
Courtelyou Commons
2324 N. Fremont St.
One block East of
The Fullerton El

Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=139150372853729

Please let me know if you have any questions or if there is any way that
I can assist your students in getting more involved in this event.

Thanks,

Matthew Sebastian
Department Assistant
Department of Modern Languages